Refreshing, satiating, delicious, and easy….. we love us some green smoothies here at LSP! If you are new to green beverages, the Banana Nut Green Smoothie is a great starter drink. Bonus- it can easily be made in advance for a next-day lunch by whipping one up and freezing overnight. Just be sure to allow for a few hours of thaw time prior to your lunch break. Yum!
Banana Nut Green Smoothie
- 1 cup ice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned or rolled oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup leafy greens (kale, spinach, collard greens)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5-7 drops pure liquid stevia extract
1. Add all ingredients to high-speed blender in order listed above.
2. If using Vitamix, select Variable 1. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to variable 10, then to High.
3. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute until fully blended. (If using Vitamix, use tamper to aid in mixing ingredients.)
*Note: If you do not have a high-speed blender, you can use a regular blender for this recipe. I recommend pre-blending the greens first, as well as using a partially-thawed banana.
Savor the freshness!!! For a step-by-step green smoothie tutorial, hop on over to A Lovely Side Project’s You Tube channel, or click on the link above.