This delicious smoothie is a perfect breakfast (or dessert) for the upcoming holiday weekend. It is vegan, gluten-free, added-sugar free, and simple to make. We recommend a high-speed blender, but a regular blender will work as well (use less ice and more unsweetened almond milk).
Red White and Blue Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup ice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, separated
- pure liquid stevia extract (to taste, optional)
- Blend frozen blueberries with 1/4 cup almond milk and 2 ice cubes until fully mixed. Add a few drops stevia to taste (optional).
- Layer in glass.
- Clean mixer. Blend frozen banana with 1/4 cup almond milk and 3 ice cubes.
- Layer (carefully) on top of blueberry mixture in glass.
- Clean mixer. Blend frozen strawberries with remaining 1/4 cup almond milk and 3 ice cubes. Add a few drops stevia to taste (optional).
- Layer (gently) in glass over blueberry and banana mixture.
- Sit by a pool and enjoy!