Trader Joe’s has pretty amazing black bean and roasted corn salsa. So amazing that it is usually gone two days after purchase. I decided to take matters into my own hands. The result – pretty amazing homemade salsa!
Black Bean and Roasted Corn Salsa
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 1-2 ears)
- 5 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil (olive oil can be subbed)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fine grain sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut tomatoes in half. Place cut-side down on lined baking sheet. Scatter corn kernels around tomatoes.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Remove tomato skins and chop tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes, corn, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring to combine. Salt to taste. Flavors will intensify after some rest time.