With Father’s Day coming up on Sunday, this is a great recipe to make for Dad. He’ll never know that these little guys are secretly healthy! The ingredients are minimal, as is the preparation. So whip these up ASAP! Dad will thank you. Even if you serve them on high heel dessert plates.
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats with Chocolate Frosting
- 3 tbsp vegan butter spread*
- cooking spray
- 10oz bag vegan marshmallows*
- 3/4 cup organic creamy peanut butter*
- 6 cups crispy brown rice cereal*
- 1 batch Chocolate Frosting (recipe below)
- Lightly grease a 9×13″ pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter spread over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows, stirring constantly until melted.
- Add peanut butter and stir until incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Immediately stir in crispy brown rice cereal, using a firm spatula or wooden spoon to mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish, using back of spatula or spoon to press mixture into pan evenly.
- Pop treats into refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool. Remove from refrigerator and frost with Vegan Chocolate Frosting. Slice into squares and serve. Store in sealed container in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Makes 20 servings.
*Note: Ingredients above can be subbed with traditional butter, marshmallows etc.
- 10oz coconut cream
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5-7 drops pure liquid stevia extract (or sweetener of your choice)
- Refrigerate (uncovered) coconut cream overnight. Mixture should be thick for use.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Whip with electric beaters (this can also be done be hand with a fork) until fully combined.
- Frost something!
Looks like someone got hungry……..Not to worry, there are still a few left for Dad.