The beach wave look is an effortlessly cool, natural hairstyle for summer. Prep time for this look is only about 10 minutes (after blow/air-dry time). The key ingredient for beach waves is sea salt spray, which is a great product to have on hand in the summer. Even without a curling iron, sea salt spray will add some great texture and waveyness to ultra-straight hair.
Bohemian Beach Waves
- Spray roots of damp hair with root lifting spray. Air or blow dry.*
- Divide hair into two sections (upper and lower). Pin upper section up with hair clips.
- Working with a 1″ piece of bottom section hair at a time, curl hair away from face. Wrap center of strands around iron, avoiding curling ends of hair. Hold for 5-10 seconds. Repeat for all bottom section strands.
- Remove clips and repeat process for upper strands, curling hair away from face and avoiding ends.
- Comb through hair with fingers, loosening the curled waves. Spray with sea-salt spray, both on top and underneath hair. Scrunch with fingers.
*I sometimes use a light hair oil in the summer after showering to reduce frizz. I only use a touch of oil at the ends of hair, as my hair is fine and this can easily weigh it down. My go to is Moroccan Oil. To apply, I place a small drop of oil in my palm, rub palms together to warm oil and lightly comb through hair, twisting various end pieces for texture.