S’mores pops: semi easy to make, perfectly portable to transport, and completely cute to show off your culinary talents with at a party. Not to mention, they’re delicious!!! I used vegan marshmallows (made from beet sugar) along with gluten free graham crackers for this recipe. I used regular melting milk chocolate, but you can definitely try making this concoction with vegan chocolate if you’d like. These little guys are a perfect summer (wow) dessert for barbeques, bridal showers, and birthday parties.
- 36 lollipop/candy pop sticks (can be purchased at most grocery stores)
- 36 large marshmallows
- 6 sheets graham crackers
- 1 cup melting chocolate
- Twist candy pop sticks into bottom of marshmallows, piercing about halfway through. Line up on cutting board.
- Pulse graham crackers in food processor until finely ground. Alternatively, if you do not have a food processor, place crackers (working with a few sheets at a time) in a large Ziploc bag and crush using a rolling pin or mallet.
- Fill a medium pot with 1 inch of water. Bring water to a low simmer over medium heat. Place small bowl or pot over top of simmering water (creating a double broiler- be sure that bottom of the top bowl/pot does not touch simmering water). Turn heat to low and add melting chocolate to top bowl/pot. Stir chocolate constantly until melted. Alternatively, you can melt chocolate in microwave in short 30 second increments, stirring between each increment.
- When melted, place chocolate in a small bowl. Place graham crackers next to chocolate in separate bowl.
- Dip marshmallow (about halfway) into melted chocolate. Remove and swirl to twirl off excess chocolate.
- Dip chocolate marshmallow into graham cracker crumbs. Shake lightly to remove excess crumbs. Place onto cutting board, sticks in air.
- Place decorated marshmallows in freezer for 5-10 minutes to set.
- Remove pops from freezer. Gently remove from cutting board (using spatula if needed). To transport, lay flat in Tupperware container. Serve and enjoy! Makes 36 pops.