Happy Thanksgiving Lovelies!!!! I wanted to share with you my new favorite dessert and a perfect dish to bring to a holiday gathering- a yummy gluten-free, vegan Pumpkin Roll. Watch how I make this roll below!
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- parchment paper
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can coconut cream (open and refrigerate can 4-10 hours prior to use)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, sweet rice flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt, allspice, and cloves, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water. Let rest for five minutes to thicken.
- Add melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla to flax egg, mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing just until combined.
- Using a spatula or rubber scraper, spread thin layer of batter onto parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While cake is baking, beat the coconut cream (do not use any liquid from can) with electric beaters for 2-3 minutes.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla extract. Beat 1-2 minutes. Chill until ready to use.
- When cake is fully cooled, spread a thin layer of coconut cream over the cake. Carefully roll. Slice into 6-8 pieces. (Watch video for tips!)