Happy Friday Lovelies! Today, the Opening Ceremony for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi is here. I have always been a lover of the Olympics….they’re exciting, dramatic, and I find myself completely inspired by them. Inspired to get off my butt and move!
If you too are inspired, use that inspiration as fuel for your workout fire for the next two weeks! And if you’d like a really great protein smoothie for your body’s fuel, try this Cherry Almond Smoothie. It is so delicious. Perfect for pre or post-workout.
Cherry Almond Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp gluten-free vegan protein powder (I like Sunwarrior)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- stevia (to taste) (optional)
- Add all ingredients except stevia to a high-speed blender.
- Blend until completely processed. Add in stevia to taste.
Are you excited about the Olympics?