I have a major sweet tooth. I try to remedy this sweet tooth with healthier dessert options. Like protein-packed, gluten-free, vegan cookie dough dip. Try this recipe, please. You will never even know the tofu happened.
A Lovely Side Note: I recommend using a food processor to make this dip, but a blender will also work. If you have any trouble while blending, add additional almond milk to thin the mixture out.
Protein-Packed Cookie Dough Dip
makes 2.5 cups
- 1 14oz block firm tofu
- 3/4 cup sunbutter (peanut butter can be substituted)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (for a nut-free version, use coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp agave (maple syrup can be substituted)
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 2.5 tbsp non-dairy chocolate chips (regular chocolate chips can be substituted)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (optional, depending on sweetness preference, brown sugar can be substituted)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Drain tofu. Lightly squeeze tofu between a few paper towels to drain remaining liquid.
- Place tofu, sunbutter, almond milk, agave, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a food processor. Process until fully combined.
- Add rolled oats and 2 tbsp chocolate chips to the dough mixture. Pulse a few times until incorporated.
- Place in serving dish, sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
Serve with apple slices, gluten-free graham crackers, banana slices, or, if in need of immediate sweet relief, spoon to mouth will work too.