I decided to combine them with yummy, nutty almond flour for a Gluten-Free Friday pancake post! Almond flour is not only tasty, it adds a heavy serving of protein to your breakfast. Mixed with another gluten-free flour like brown rice flour (to ensure proper consistency), it’s an awesome option for gluten-free baking.
Sweet Potato Pancakes with Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 small sweet potato, about 1/2 cup (roasted and mashed)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (almond milk can be subbed)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- Mix almond flour, brown rice flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg together in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine mashed sweet potato, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing until completely combined.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat, coat with cooking spray.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto heated skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes per side until set.
I topped my pancakes with cinnamon coconut whipped cream. If you are curious about making your own coconut whipped cream, stay tuned. I’ll be posting a video on this soon!